Horn Of The Rhino Interviewed by YDBCN "We´re a true band doing true music, no bullshits, no fake shit, no drama..."



When and how did you first become interested in music? How long have you been playing music?

Being a little kid, listening to radio and the records of my older brother, that was the beginning. Then I realize I liked to sing and play guitar. I did my firsts bedroom demos when I was 13 or 14.



What made you first realize you wanted to pursue a career in music?

Not sure if I wanted a career, I only wanted to get up on a stage playing guitar and singing and have a good time, that is what I do nowadays.



Where do you usually gather songwriting inspiration? What is your usual songwriting process?

Inspiration comes from anywhere, mostly from the stuff I listen to, or the mood I´m into. Most of the time I´m thinking on new ideas, can be riffs, vocal parts, drum parts, whatever, and when something hits me I record it; then play it on guitar and create the song around that on my own, putting the lyrics as the icing on the cake.



Who are your musical and non-musical influences?

Lots of stuff: extreme metal in general, hard rock, pop, movies, comics, books, etc…



How do you balance your music with other obligations like job?

We´re a weekend warriors kind of band because weekend is when you can go out and play. When touring we arrange things with day jobs and families to be able and do it.



What's your outlook on the music industry today?

Is changing. Seems like bands are getting more control about themselves and fans an artists have a more direct contact, and it´s great. On the other hand there´re lots of bands, so much crappy bands. Brutality have become the norm and is no more an underground thing, everybody is screaming and growling, I don´t like it. Just to say a couple of things.



Why did you choose to play this kind of music?

I listen to other stuff apart from metal in general but this kind of music is part of what I am, can´t separate it from me so it´s a natural thing. It´s like that I must breathe to live, so the same with metal or music in general.



Do you think that online presence is important for fans to find you and critics to find your music to write about?

Of course. The direct approach I was talking about before. Nowadays you must have online presence if you want to be a part of the scene, that´s for sure.



What's your opinion of George Bush and ILLUMINATI?

George Bush put a band together?? Never heard of them.



What has been the biggest challenge you have come across in your career so far?

Every time I write a song is a challenge. To see if it´s good enough to record it or to play it live. Then people can like it or not but the first quality control are my guts and ears.





Tell us about your next shows and why we should be there

We´re a true band doing true music, no bullshits, no fake shit, no drama, just an unstoppable metal grinding machine, crushing everything on its path.

Scotland Tour 2014

July 4th Opium, Edinburgh

July 5th Downstairs, Aberdeen



July 6th Monty´s, Dunfermline
Share on Google Plus

About Edoardo

YDBCN è un collettivo di persone disagiate che odia la musica
    Blogger Comment